Kubernetes Primer for Security Professionals
This is the high-level outline of the different sections:
In this post I will try to demystify the perception by which Kubernetes is believed to be too hard to even get started, by walking through the journey I undertook to get the basics first, and later to focus on the security aspects.
- Why What You Think You Know is Probably Wrong
- Start From Here
- If You Want to be Production Ready
- What About Security?
- Container Security
- Threat Modelling Orchestrator Systems
- Kubernetes Security
A curated list of (security) tools tailored for cloud native technologies.
This post covers multiple deployment options for a Kubernetes lab suitable for security research.
- Option 1 - Run Kubernetes Locally
- Minikube vs Docker for Mac
- Setup Minikube
- Hello World with Minikube
- Run Kubernetes on a Vagrant VM
- Run Insecure Configurations with Kind
- Setup Kubespray
- Interact with the Cluster
- Hello World with Kubespray