Mobile Security for Enterprises
Pushing the Jesus Phone through the eye of a needle, an introduction to MWR's iOS Security Testing Framework
- MWR Briefing, London, UK
Needle's progress was shown at Black Hat EU, with a live demo of its capabilities.
- Black Hat Arsenal EU, London, UK.
- Arsenal Lineup (Tools Watch)
- Needle Used to Discover Issues Within iOS Applications (MWR - 05 October)
Needle: Finding Issues within iOS Applications
Needle's architecture, capabilities and roadmap have been presented at AppSec USA. During the talk it was also demonstrated how Needle can be used to find vulnerabilities in iOS applications from both a black-box and white-box perspective (with a demo of the tool in action).
Needle has been publicly released Black Hat USA, with a live demo of its capabilities.
- Black Hat Arsenal USA, Las Vegas, USA.
- Arsenal Lineup (ToolsWatch)
- Black Hat Promotion, Twitter (Black Hat - 23 July)
- Black Hat Promotion, Facebook (Black Hat - 23 July)
- Needle iOS security testing tool to be unveiled at Black Hat Arsenal (Help Net Security - 01 August)
- Black Hat USA Photo Gallery (Help Net Security - 04 August)
- MWR Launches Needle: An iOS Security Testing Framework (MWR - 11 August)
- A quick intro to Needle (MWR Labs - 17 August)
Enhancing Mobile Malware: an Android RAT Case Study
At BSides Vienna 2014, Roberto Puricelli and me delivered a talk based on Androrat++, a proof-of-concept mobile malware.
- BSides Vienna, Vienna, Austria.
Social Authentication: Vulnerabilities, Mitigations, and Redesign
At DEEPSEC 2014 I delivered a talk based on my Master Thesis: "Social Authentication: Vulnerabilities, Mitigations, and Redesign". In addition, an excerpt of the work has been published by the Magdeburger Institut für Sicherheitsforschung in the volume "In Depth Security - Proceedings of the DeepSec Conferences" of the Magdeburger Journal zur Sicherheitsforschung.
- DEEPSEC, Vienna, Austria
Social Authentication: Vulnerabilities, Mitigations, and Redesign (short version)
At CYCON 2014 I delivered a talk based on my Master Thesis, for which I won the NATO's Best Thesis Award as the best thesis published on cyber defence topics.
- International Conference on Cyber Conflict (CyCon), by NATO CCDCOE (Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence), Tallinn, Estonia
- Student Paper Session with Best Student Thesis Award