Pushing the Jesus Phone through the eye of a needle, an introduction to MWR's iOS Security Testing Framework
- MWR Briefing, London, UK
Needle's progress was shown at Black Hat EU, with a live demo of its capabilities.
- Black Hat Arsenal EU, London, UK.
- Arsenal Lineup (Tools Watch)
- Needle Used to Discover Issues Within iOS Applications (MWR - 05 October)
Needle's architecture, capabilities and roadmap have been presented at AppSec USA. During the talk it was also demonstrated how Needle can be used to find vulnerabilities in iOS applications from both a black-box and white-box perspective (with a demo of the tool in action).
Needle has been publicly released Black Hat USA, with a live demo of its capabilities.
- Black Hat Arsenal USA, Las Vegas, USA.
- Arsenal Lineup (ToolsWatch)
- Black Hat Promotion, Twitter (Black Hat - 23 July)
- Black Hat Promotion, Facebook (Black Hat - 23 July)
- Needle iOS security testing tool to be unveiled at Black Hat Arsenal (Help Net Security - 01 August)
- Black Hat USA Photo Gallery (Help Net Security - 04 August)
- MWR Launches Needle: An iOS Security Testing Framework (MWR - 11 August)
- A quick intro to Needle (MWR Labs - 17 August)
At BSides Vienna 2014, Roberto Puricelli and me delivered a talk based on Androrat++, a proof-of-concept mobile malware.
- BSides Vienna, Vienna, Austria.
At DEEPSEC 2014 I delivered a talk based on my Master Thesis: "Social Authentication: Vulnerabilities, Mitigations, and Redesign". In addition, an excerpt of the work has been published by the Magdeburger Institut für Sicherheitsforschung in the volume "In Depth Security - Proceedings of the DeepSec Conferences" of the Magdeburger Journal zur Sicherheitsforschung.
- DEEPSEC, Vienna, Austria
At CYCON 2014 I delivered a talk based on my Master Thesis, for which I won the NATO's Best Thesis Award as the best thesis published on cyber defence topics.
- International Conference on Cyber Conflict (CyCon), by NATO CCDCOE (Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence), Tallinn, Estonia
- Student Paper Session with Best Student Thesis Award